The Art of Natural Looking Makeup
So what exactly is natural looking makeup? Simple question; hard to answer.
It depends largely on your expectation, personality and your lifestyle. For someone who wears makeup on a daily basis, natural looking makeup could mean dramatic smokey eyes with a full set of false eyelashes and full-coverage foundation. They want this as long as the skin doesn’t look like it has covered by a thick layer of foundation. And that is “natural looking” to them.
For someone who puts nothing but a lip gloss on in daily life, natural looking makeup usually means keeping everything minimal, simple and beautiful. Some people want to be totally transformed, while some want to look they are not wearing any makeup at all. You are the one who defines what is “your” natural looking makeup.
Tricky … isn’t it?
You are definitely the main factor to acheiving beautiful natural looking makeup. Before we, the makeup artists, can lift a single brush we need you to prepare your skin. Great skin is the first step to an awesome natural look. Wash your face every night so that it can “breathe” and scrub off the day’s look with makeup remover. After washing you need to moisturize. Pay attention to the moisturizer you use, though. Make sure it is suitable for your skin especially if it is dry, sensitive or oily.
The makeup process will start with applying a makeup primer to provide a base for the foundation or the concealer. MAC Fix Plus spray, for example, is a great option as it blocks excess oil away, enhances the application of foundation and soothes the skin. Then we even out your skin tone with a very light layer of foundation over your entire face and light pats of concealer in case of any slight discoloration or red spots.
Next, we work on your glow using shimmer and highlighting. Liquid illuminizer applied lightly with a brush on the brow bone, in the corners of your eyes and along your cheekbones will have you glowing perfectly and your eyes popping. And if you want a pinch of color on your cheeks, you know that sexy flushed look, we apply a cream cheek color with just a little powder blush dusted on top to bring out the color.
No matter what your dream look is, with great products combined with professional skills, you can be certain that you will have that natural looking makeup that looks great both in person and in pictures.
5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist for your Wedding
As a bride-to-be, we know you are probably asking yourself if you really have to hire a professional makeup artist for your wedding. You probably have been doing your own makeup since you were a little girl, so why not save that money or use it on your honeymoon?
Just think of this: whenever see your favourite singer, a movie star or a model looking all beautiful and perfect, know that there is a team of talented, trained and experienced makeup artists and hair stylists guaranteeing that their every picture looks amazing. Since your wedding will be your celebrity moment, then why not do it like the celebrities?
We know you really want to look absolutely gorgeous and perfect. You need a professional makeup artist to bring that dream to reality. Otherwise, you risk having fading eye shadow midway of your wedding reception just because of unnecessary frugality.
A professional makeup artist is trained exclusively in the art of makeup; either in makeup artistry school and/or apprenticeship under a more experienced professional. However, if this is not convincing enough for you, that’s okay, here are five good reasons why you need a professional makeup artist for your wedding.
1. You will need photography makeup, not just your everyday makeup. A professional’s makeup kit contains a wide range of products, most of which are not only waterproof, but are also specifically suitable for HD cameras unlike those in your everyday makeup bag. With these camera-friendly products, when the snapping and clicking stops; you will have amazing photos without having to resort to Photoshop. And you definitely want your hair to look perfect and beautiful from all the angles. We know it’s your big day and you want it to be nothing but perfection.
2. Applying photography makeup is not the same as your everyday makeup. Fine, you may have lots of tricks up your sleeve when it comes to applying your everyday makeup but believe me; photography makeup is a whole other ball game. Applying it on your own will very likely backfire, for example, if you mistakenly used a wrong kind of foundation, your photos would have your face looking lighter than the rest of your body. A pro on the other hand is fully familiar with these products designed for flash photography and exactly how to apply them such that you look and feel natural and super-photogenic throughout the day.
3. Professional makeup artists and wedding hair stylists take lighting and location into account. A pro makeup artist also thoroughly understands all the various factors that will affect your look and will even take the location and lighting of your photos into consideration. Will they be shot in studio or outdoors? Will it be the summer or the winter? A pro knows exactly how to make the makeup specifically match with each and every one of these situations. The same applies for your hair. Seasons, time of day, location do matter a lot.
4. Professional makeup artists and hair stylists create a look that is tailor-made for you. Pros are trained to have an eye for the potential in each face, to carefully identify your strengths and flaws. They know which products to use and how best to use them to highlight and enhance your strong points while obscuring any flaws. They will also take your wedding theme, personality and even your wedding dress to create a look specifically perfect for you and you alone.
5. Your wedding day will be packed with emotion and stress. Come the big day, any number of things could start to go wrong (or appear to do so, we all know wedding day paranoia!). Imagine applying your own makeup and doing your own hair while your mind is on whether or not the caterers will arrive in time, what kind of look can you pull off with that kind of stress? A pro artist will be more focused and in a better mental state to correctly apply the makeup, style your hair and give you a flawless look that will last you the whole day throughout the hugs, kisses, sweat and tears of joy.
African American Bridal Makeup Artist and Wedding Hair Stylist
Here you will discover makeup artistry through the eyes of makeup artist Sherry O.
Her passion began at an early age. While gracing the world of fashion and runway modeling, she discovered and developed the world of cosmetics. She has been working in the beauty and entertainment industry for years. Her work has been published in several fashion and lifestyle magazines. Sherry is truely a celebrity makeup artist and hair stylist.
As a bridal makeup artist and wedding hair stylist, her abilities are endless. Sherry specializes in makeup artistry and hair styling for African american women. With every client her goal is to provide you with professional service, product information while enhancing your natural beauty. Leaving you with a look that compliments your style and essence. Allow Sherry O. to assist you on your special occasion.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Asian Bridal Makeup Artist and Wedding Hair Stylist
At Color Me Bride, we have a team of Asian bridal makeup artist and Asian wedding hair stylist with years of experience in the industry. We do understand your needs and concerns. Especially, when it comes to the cultural side of things. Our mission is to make our brides happy, beautiful and confident on the most important day of their life.
We have worked with Asian brides from all cultural backgrounds like Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Pacific Islanders, Japanese, Korean, Cambodian, Indian and many more. Contact us to schedule your consultation today.