As a bride-to-be, we know you are probably asking yourself if you really have to hire a professional makeup artist for your wedding. You probably have been doing your own makeup since you were a little girl, so why not save that money or use it on your honeymoon?
Just think of this: whenever see your favourite singer, a movie star or a model looking all beautiful and perfect, know that there is a team of talented, trained and experienced makeup artists and hair stylists guaranteeing that their every picture looks amazing. Since your wedding will be your celebrity moment, then why not do it like the celebrities?
We know you really want to look absolutely gorgeous and perfect. You need a professional makeup artist to bring that dream to reality. Otherwise, you risk having fading eye shadow midway of your wedding reception just because of unnecessary frugality.
A professional makeup artist is trained exclusively in the art of makeup; either in makeup artistry school and/or apprenticeship under a more experienced professional. However, if this is not convincing enough for you, that’s okay, here are five good reasons why you need a professional makeup artist for your wedding.
1. You will need photography makeup, not just your everyday makeup. A professional’s makeup kit contains a wide range of products, most of which are not only waterproof, but are also specifically suitable for HD cameras unlike those in your everyday makeup bag. With these camera-friendly products, when the snapping and clicking stops; you will have amazing photos without having to resort to Photoshop. And you definitely want your hair to look perfect and beautiful from all the angles. We know it’s your big day and you want it to be nothing but perfection.
2. Applying photography makeup is not the same as your everyday makeup. Fine, you may have lots of tricks up your sleeve when it comes to applying your everyday makeup but believe me; photography makeup is a whole other ball game. Applying it on your own will very likely backfire, for example, if you mistakenly used a wrong kind of foundation, your photos would have your face looking lighter than the rest of your body. A pro on the other hand is fully familiar with these products designed for flash photography and exactly how to apply them such that you look and feel natural and super-photogenic throughout the day.
3. Professional makeup artists and wedding hair stylists take lighting and location into account. A pro makeup artist also thoroughly understands all the various factors that will affect your look and will even take the location and lighting of your photos into consideration. Will they be shot in studio or outdoors? Will it be the summer or the winter? A pro knows exactly how to make the makeup specifically match with each and every one of these situations. The same applies for your hair. Seasons, time of day, location do matter a lot.
4. Professional makeup artists and hair stylists create a look that is tailor-made for you. Pros are trained to have an eye for the potential in each face, to carefully identify your strengths and flaws. They know which products to use and how best to use them to highlight and enhance your strong points while obscuring any flaws. They will also take your wedding theme, personality and even your wedding dress to create a look specifically perfect for you and you alone.
5. Your wedding day will be packed with emotion and stress. Come the big day, any number of things could start to go wrong (or appear to do so, we all know wedding day paranoia!). Imagine applying your own makeup and doing your own hair while your mind is on whether or not the caterers will arrive in time, what kind of look can you pull off with that kind of stress? A pro artist will be more focused and in a better mental state to correctly apply the makeup, style your hair and give you a flawless look that will last you the whole day throughout the hugs, kisses, sweat and tears of joy.